SafePace Evolution 12 Speed Radar Sign
- Product Video
- Sign Materials
The SafePace Evolution 12 offers the cost benefit and compact footprint of an entry-level sign but with MUTCD approved 12” digits. The economical sign is a great option for cities or communities with limited budgets who need signs that meet MUTC regulations.
The Evolution 12 is a compact radar speed sign ideal for private communities, work sites, or low volume local roads. Speed signs like the Evolution 12 help with traffic calming by reminding drivers of their speeds and encouraging them to slow down. Radar signs are posted along with speed limit signs to remind motorists to observe speed laws.
As with all Safepace speed display signs, the Evolution 12 displays driver speed in bright LED digits. Its bright 3 digit speed display also offers speed activated digit color changes to alert speeders.
The Evolution 12 offers a choice of power sources and accessories. It’s a compact solution that improves speed awareness and enhances public safety.
- 1 Year cloud connectivity included
- Compact sign with smaller 12” digits
- Affordable pricing
- Static Your Speed message
- Lightweight, compact design
- Energy efficient power options
- Dual-color LED display
- 3 digit display
- Diamond-grade sheeting available
- Strobe activation/deactivation available
- AC, battery or solar power
- Traffic data and reports
- SafePace Cloud remote access
- Universal mounting bracket
- Beacon system for school zones
- Cruiser LT mobile trailer
- Moveable sign dolly
- Sign hitch
- Digits: First Digit: 12”(h) x 1.125”(w), 56 LEDs (3 digit signs only)
- Other Digits: 12”(h) x 6.4”(w), 196 LEDs per digit
- Unit with “YOUR SPEED” sign mounted: Full size sign:29.0”(h) x 23.0”(w) x 5.625”(d)
- Electrical Specifications
- AC power input: 100~240 V AC
- DC power input: 12 V DC
- Solar panel options: 50W
- LEDs: 460
- Digits (Yellow): 224 Yellow (590 nm), 30°, 9000 – 22400 Ev,[lux]/LED
- Digits (Red): 224 Red (633 nm), 30°, 7100 – 18000 Ev,[lux]/LED
- Speed Violator Strobe: 12 White (2700 K – 6500 K), 150°, luminous flux 33lm @ 4000 K
- Ambient light sensors: 1 sensor and automatic brightness control
Frequently Asked Questions
- How is the Evolution 12 different than the Evolution 11?
While both the 12” and 11” signs offer compact, lightweight speed display, only the 12” sign has digits large enough to meet MUTCD regulations. It also offers multiple digit color options while the 11” signs only offer yellow LEDs.
- Why would we choose such a small radar sign?
The smaller size of the Evolution 12 as compared to our full size signs offers a smaller footprint and lower cost. However, the smaller digits can’t be seen from as far away, making it a better choice for low volume roads with lower speed limits.
- How do we know if the Evolution 12 is a good choice for our streets?
Our traffic safety support team is trained and available to help you figure out which speed display sign is the best fit to address your streets’ unique challenges.
- How do we know if our signs are actually making a difference?
All Evolution signs are web enabled and come with one year free access to the cloud. You can view detailed speed data from before and after you use your speed sign to track the difference it’s making in driver behavior.
- How can we test data from before our signs are being used?
SafePace Evolution signs offer stealth mode, where your signs appear to be off but are actually collecting traffic data. This helps you create a base of data to compare to. We also offer Speed Tracker for even more discreet speed collection data.
The highest level of reflectivity. Up to 10X brighter than Engineer-Grade Prismatic. Offers great visibility and reflectivity from distances and wide angles, both day at night.
Meets or Exceeds ASTM D 4956, Type IX or Type XI
3X brighter than Engineer-Grade Prismatic. Effective for daytime, nighttime and artificial light conditions. Provides durability and long-term reflectivity.
Meets ASTM D 4956, Type III, Type IV.
Economical prismatic sheeting provides better day and nighttime brightness and is recommended for commercial sign applications as well as non-critical traffic control signs, regulated by the MUTCD.
Meets ASTM D 4956 Type I
Aluminum sheeting meets or exceeds ASTM 5052-H38 specifications and is .081" thick. Traffic signs use this specification to meet Transportation Standards, unless otherwise stated for non-critical traffic signage or commercial applications. All aluminum blanks come with pre-drilled holes for mounting, and rounded corners.
Meets or Exceeds ASTM 5052-H38, 0.081" Thickness
Crezone HDO (High Density Overlaid) board is extremely durable exterior type plywood with a weather-resistant resin overlay bonded to the wood by heat and pressure. This process fuses the molecules of the overlay with the fibres of the wood to form a bond as strong as the wood itself. In many instances, overlaid HDO plywood has proven a more durable sign material than metal. HDO plywood is resistant to the elements with no danger of rust or corrosion. It is typically used for larger signs, or uncommon sizes made-to-order.
Meets Transportation Material Standards
Ver-Mac Trailer-Mounted Speed Display Sign – SP-710V-FD
Ver-Mac’s SP-710V-FD is a battery/solar-powered fold down style trailer-mounted speed sign, with 2-digit display. It features our Stealth Technology, V-Touch SP controller, JamLogic® Fleet Management Software and state-of-the-art doppler radar.
- Speed display panel : 25 x 42 in. (662 x 1073 mm)
- Display: 2 digits (mph)
- 18 in characters—visible up to 305 m (1000 ft.)
- 4 LEDs per pixel
- Can accomodate 24 x 36 in. (610 x 914 mm) work zone static sign and 36 x 48 in. (914 x 1219 mm) or 48 x 60 in. (1219 x 1524 mm) or up to 48 x 72 in. (1219 x 1829 mm) speed static signs – not included
- Plug & play display modules for simplified maintenance
Ver-Mac JamLogic – Fleet Management Solutions
Ver-Mac JamLogic – Smart Work Zone Solutions
Ver-Mac Trailer-Mounted Speed Display Sign – SP-3248-DSL Speed Wizard
Ver-Mac’s Speed Wizard is the industry first combination of a Work Zone Digital Speed Limit (WZDSL) and Speed Awareness System. The two-digit 18-inch white LEDs display the work zone speed limits while the two-digit 18-inch amber LEDs display the speed of oncoming motorists.
- Displaying real-time work zone speed limits using a two-digit white LED display has shown to reduce speeds by 8-11 km/h more than static signs.
- Speed Awareness is a high-definition full-matrix display that can display two-digit speed and Slow Down messages to provide multiple levels of warning and achieve higher speed compliance.
- Speed Awareness display automatically adjusts to WZDSL speed making the Speed Wizard easy to program at the sign or remotely.
- By notifying motorists of work zone speed limits and excessive speeding, the Speed Wizard provides smoother traffic flow and less delays.
- The Speed Wizard is a component of Ver-Mac’s Connected Work Zone Notification System.